Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Time Has Come

Okay, let's stop procrastinating. I can always think of a million reasons why not to start the Bible study Chasing the Lions. They are excuses. I'm done with them. I will ALWAYS be too busy...welcome to life. The time is now. No more excuses. I will be starting the Chasing the Lions Bible study this week. If you would like to join me please do. I have included the link to the audio and video from the church where this was first developed. I will post my thoughts on this blog on Monday. Please write your thoughts as comments about the weeks lesson. I will be starting the study tomorrow. You may catch up if you have not bought the book yet.

The book is a workbook it even includes a notes section for each session. The book is called "Chasing the Lion {stepping confidently into the unknown}." It is by Mark Batterson. The publisher is Lifeway it is in the "threads" series. I actually found it in the singles section of the Bible study materials.

I have thought of all my excuses and God has answered them. I have to do lesson plans - you need Me to help plan your steps. I have too many other commitments including tech board, RCET board, Love and Logic group, KKI president, cheerleading sponsor (a new commitment), thinking of offering after school enrichment - how can you do all this without Me? The holidays are coming up I'll be busy - again too busy to spend a little time with the person you should be thanking at Thanksgiving and celebrating the birth of at Christmas... come on!
Yeah, I've been a little convicted! Did not mean to step on toes, just sharing what He has reveled to me.

Here is the plan have the session read and ready to comment on Monday.
Session 1 –Taking Risks - Monday November 24
Session 2 – Seizing Opportunities - Monday December 1
Session 3 - Facing Fears - Monday December 8
Session 4 - Reframing Problems - Monday December 15
Session 5 – Embracing Uncertainties - Monday December 22
Session 6 – Looking Foolish - Monday December 29


So you should listen to the audio or watch the video from the site below and start the study this week. We will post comments next Monday.

We will get done right before the new year! Remember the benefit of doing this online is that you can post and share anytime you want. You do not have to do it on Monday that is just the day I will be aiming to get the post up and the link for the audio or video for the coming week. If you get behind, you can just catch up when you can. Let’s start the chase!


Check out this site for the audio or video for the first week!


http://chasethelion.com/guide/defying-odds

2 comments:

Gay Anne said...

Well, at 7:18 p.m. on a Sunday Lifeway is closed. So, I will ask Kelly to pick up my book tomorrow and I will begin. I am so excited! I definitely want to be a Lion Chaser!!!

Educator L said...

Here is my suggestion as far as listening to the audio/watching the video. It has a lot of the same things in the audio/video as the book, but it is very good! If you are interested in them you will want to listen to both Defying the Odds and Taking Risks before starting the study. Both are on chasethelion.com. Enjoy!