Monday, July 21, 2008

New To Blog

Well this is my first blog! I have so many friends that share their thoughts on blogs I have decided to do the same. I may be asking some of you for help! Well as usual I am procrastinating so I need to get back to my task at hand for today. First I want to share my vision for a ministry that I came up with years ago...maybe this will be my starting off point!

PALACE Ministries: For Women
PALACE Ladies = Pursuing A Life According to Christ’s Example. Ephesians 5:1-2a “Follow God’s example in everything you do, because you are his dear children. Live a life filled with love for others, following the example of Christ, who loved you and gave himself as a sacrifice to take away your sins.Purpose:PALACE ladies pursue a well balanced life that includes personal time with Jesus, love for others, encouragement, goal setting, and evangelism in an attempt to follow Christ’s example.A PALACE lady maintains balance between her time with God, Family, Job, and Activities through organization.

There is more to it. If you really want to know I would be happy to share. My current desire is to share a Bible study online with some of the most AMAZING women that god could have placed in my life!

Gay has been there from the start of my Christian walk! Really. As a teen she and her husband were my youth ministers. I had gone to that particular church off and on in 7th and 8th grade. For the first 6 times in a ROW that I went to the church I was greeted with a "hello, is this the first time here?" Often by the same person and handed a card to fill out AGAIN! I stopped going. (This is before I was saved) I had been in church as a child thanks to my grandparents. I had a basic "knowledge" of Christ. I then went to YCW at SDC with a friend’s church and was moved by the message of the speaker. I prayed a prayer of salvation that night. I saw Gay and her husband right after that. I went up to speak to them assuming that they would not remember me, they were still new to the church and had only met me once. Gay said hello and asked how my family was doing since the recent death of my grandmother. I was shocked...not only did she know me, but she really cared. Anyone who knows her would not be shocked. She truly loves and cares about others. As I have grown up, she has become a good friend and wonderful mentor. She has an amazing heart and is certainly a PALACE lady! (Okay Gay, stop crying I am done! Love you!)

Amber is a fairly new friend! I have already learned so much from her! I love how she loves life, shows passion, cares about herself, her family, her friends and her students. Amber is a trusted friend! I enjoy reading her blog...sometimes I laugh, sometimes I cry, sometimes I am inspired!

Ashley has been there for me in many ways. She is a wonderful friend, she is a great person to talk to, she really listens, she gives advice and encouragement. She happens to let me rent a place to live too! She lets me stay in her house and watch her dish while she is not there too! Oh, and I feel like I have two dogs thanks to her. Her dogs think I am just a member of the family who lives through the other door to the backyard!

Jo, what can I say about Jo. Well I call her my "mom away from mom!" I don't know what I would have done without her and her family. I am truly a part of the family. I even have a pair of Orange Nike's to prove it. (The official shoe of the family!) I practically live at their house. I really did for a little while! I have a new love for soccer thanks to the family! I will NEVER be as loud as her, I can try though! It is rare for me not to be at the house once a week! I still do my laundry there and go over to watch NASCAR races and movies! She introduced me to a wonderful church that I may some day like to serve in some way!

Rachel has been the friend close to my age on the hall. Wow this year we will really be the young ones! Rachel has been a friend that shows me how to and encourages me to stay focused on God. I have been blessed by the fact that she used to let me stay at her house to save me from an hour drive that I did not want to drive late at night. She opened her house to me as well as her heart. She, like the other ladies of this group, have shown me what a good Christian marriage can look like.

Sarah is our social director! She lets us all hang at her house! If we have something going on it is usually at her place. We even planned a party at her place and let her know the day we were coming over! Sarah is a prayer warrior! She cares for us all and seems to know everything going on at school! She is truly a "handy woman!"

Tina is a counselor to me in more than one way. She is someone to talk to who will listen. She does not try to make things better she tries to help you figure out how to make things better. She shows me that things may not always go on our time table, but God's is always better!

I love these ladies! God has given me such wonderful mentors and friends!

Well looks like this first one was long!

4 comments:

Gay Anne said...

First of all, how did you know I would be crying? That made me laugh! Second, I want to be your first Palace lady! Ok, second as you are the first! Third, let's write the book! Ok, you write the book!! Anyway, I love it! Definitely from God! You are a Lion Chaser!

Educator L said...

I knew you would cry because I know you! Also I learn from the best...I'd cry at that...in fact I cried when I wrote it! I too laughed when I added that personal note! I am happy to have you as a Palace lady. Yes, I know I need to write it. You know you would have to read the many drafts and help me out! I know..."get on it girly...you have a book to write...I'm ready to read it!" You always encourage me!

queenivaska said...

Whatever Gay...you always have to be first!! Just kidding!!!! I think that this is a great idea! It will keep us all on track and help us not get distracted. WAIT...what am I saying? We NEVER get distracted! I agree with Gay - you write it and we'll participate! You know - with all the time you have in between keeping my hoodlums in line!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm in! I got my account set up! I love the idea!