Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Where Have I Been?

Well that is a good question. I have been to busy to finish Chasing the Lion because I was chasing my own interests. I saw that no one posted so I figured, why do it. Then I got started into other things and didn't come back to the study or to blogging. Well now it is time to come back. The last post was in November. Many things have happened since then. Some have been good, some have not been so good.
It has been 8 months...wow that's crazy! I have not been a PALACE lady lately. I have not been pursuing a life according to Christ's example. I have been pursuing a life according to what was easy that didn't require much of me. It is time to get back to my royal status! I am The King's daughter and it is time to stop acting like the spoiled little princess and be the princess that I have been called to be!
I would like to invite everyone to start the Chasing the Lion Bible study with me again. If you don't want to do it, that is okay, I am still going to post, maybe you will get around to it some day...or not. I am alright with that.
I am going to post my thoughts on a few sermons that I have listened to that really helped me get back to where I needed to be! You can find them as podcasts on iTunes the speakers name is Scott Crenshaw. He was a camp pastor one year when I was in the youth group at FBCKC. I really enjoyed his lessons so when I saw his podcasts on iTunes I had to download them. He has not lost his step! He recently moved to a new church and the sermon series is about "New Beginnings" I started with "New wine" then "reNEWal" and then "New Beginnings." I encourage you to listen to them.

I hope you will join me in Chasing the Lion!


New Wine - Scott Crenshaw

Matthew 9:16-17

God wants to poor out "New Wine." He love us where we are, but wants to take us to the next level.

Jer 29:11

He wants to move us from glory to glory.
God wants to grow us in spiritual life, business life, and relationships.
We never stop growing in God.
What is God DOING in your life?

Hab 3:19

I need to get through…right now. New heights - He will get me through this.
When I go through the flames - He will bring me through it.
He does not want me to stay in the flames…he wants me to move through it

He has enabled my feet…It is MY choice to follow
Don't listen to the enemy…He will bring us through it. He IS moving…follow.
God gives us a choice to come with Him to the heights
He invites us, then gives us a choice
Is 43:18-19

Celebrate the past, but do not dwell on it! You must take time to remember what God has done.
Learn from the past but don't stay in the past
God will talk to us through us in our DAILY readings.
"I will take you out of bondage into a land flowing with Milk and Honey"
There will be times when we are moving up, we will get frustrated. Might start grumbling, look back to the past "the good ol' days"
The agenda of God is to move us up.

Ps 139
We must examine ourselves. Draw a circle, put yourself in the middle and then pray for everyone in the circle.

Make my heart like a renewed wine sack so that I can have new wine in my life!



reNEWal

Luke 15

When you leave God - could be mentally or physically

Transference - earthly father = heavenly Father

Maybe bitter with God
God can handle it

May run hard and fast - knew He was still there
May run to drugs
Sins of Flesh

Not a quick thing - thinking process

It's not a question of if there is a God, it is that you choose to do things your own way.

Prodigal son - Dad gave his money to him, it was like saying dad was dead to him.

When the party is going - your party friends are there - when the party is over, so are the friends!

If you are running from God, the problems WILL come.
If you are running - give up and come back
May have to sleep with the pigs before you come back

If you are with the pigs, you will see a light of revelation, God wants you to come back
The son had prepared a speech ready to ask for fathers forgiveness
The father just sat on the porch waiting for his son to come back, when he saw the son, he started running to him
Bring your junk, your struggles, your bondage to God, He will take care of it!
Receive forgiveness - and then know that you are worthy for the grace

Sandals - path for you
Robe - cover of righteousness
Celebration - Church body celebration



New Beginnings
In the Beginning… all God had to do is speak and the universe came into existence
The only thing God "created" was man. He used dirt to create man. And then breathed life into it.

We are not here by accident, we have a purpose
Everything that is in life over flows out of the one purpose…it is to know Him, be transformed by Him and enjoy Him
In the Garden they had all they ever needed. They even got to talk to God face-to-face!
God let them eat of EVERYTHING except the ONE tree. When He told them not to, He knew they would.
God takes us to the tree…we can say we love God, but He lets us choose.
Sin separated them from the Garden…and God.
Sin is an archery term…to miss the mark
The mark is 100% life without mistakes and bad things

God loves you, but He can not have sin come into His presence
God makes a way…OT time…sacrificial time…must have shedding of blood
For most people it's not "if" there is a God, not "if" we sin, (all religions agree that we sin, other religions believe you can do it yourself), God says only I can do it.
Some people think it is works that bring them back to God
The works are not good enough

When Jesus came down and took on our sins. He took on the sins I have done, even the ones I am going to do.

God loves us and has a plan for our lives. He went to the cross and paid for our sins.
The gift is not yours unless you come and receive it.
God gives us an invitation
We are not God's children…we are God's creation
We are not children of God because of being dedicated as a baby, because of going to church, because we are good, because we believe in God.
You must choose to receive God into your life.

No comments: